Penny For Your Thoughts Book Participants Needed

Now that we have 100 artists producing penny postcard art, it’s time to launch the next phase of the Penny Experiment project. This project will be 100 “Penny For Your Thoughts” books. Basically, it needs to be a book of some type with blank pages inside where people can write down their thoughts when they receive it, then pass it along to the next person who will write down their thoughts, and this process will continue until the entire book is filled. Once the book is full, it will be sent back to me where I will scan it to share with everyone and then it will be sold. 100% of the money that the book earns will go to buy food for food banks.

What I need is to find 99 participants (I will be launching one of the books) that would each like to launch one of these books into the world. The books can be purchased or made (and decorated if you like), but they need to contain the following information:

Written on Front Cover

Penny For Your Thoughts Book (your assigned number)/100
Penny Experiment

Written on Inside Cover

This book is a traveling art project for PennyExperiment.com (an attempt to turn a found penny into $1 million worth of food for food banks) which has landed in your hands. Please leave your mark on the book with art, words, photos or any other way you want to decorate the pages with your thoughts. Once you are finished (or if you do not want to participate), simply pass it on to another person – friend or stranger – you meet. Once this book is complete, it will be sold to raise money to buy food for food banks, so please pass it on.

You can follow the progress and updates to this book at www.pennyexperiment.com. If you have any questions or just want to give an update on the book, please send an email to info@savingadvice.com

Written on Back Inside Cover

When this book is complete, please mail it to:

Penny Experiment
10470 Orange Ave
Cupertino, CA 95014
USA

Other Considerations

This book will likely be passed around quite a bit, so it needs to be sturdy enough to withstand this use. Pages should also be thick and sturdy since people will likely be writing on both sides of each page.

If you decide to particiapte, you will need to be able to scan or take photos of the book and email them to me before launching the book to the world so I can place them on the website. You are free to also make a post on your own website or blog using the images.

Additional Information

In return, the person who launches the book will receive (if desired) a bio on this website under the images of their book, a link to their own website and the knowledge that they helped out a lot of people in need during these difficult economic times.

If this sounds like something in which you would like to participate, please contact me and I will assign you a number for your book. Please also feel free to contact me or leave a comment with any questions that you may have.

This entry was posted in Penny Book, Penny Experiment and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to Penny For Your Thoughts Book Participants Needed

1. donnam13 says:

count me in on this one please! when should the book be launched by?

2. admin says:

@donnam13

I have emailed you with additional information and your number. Let me know if you have any further questions and thank you for wanting to participate.

Jeffrey Strain

3. Pingback: Penny For Your Thoughts Book 1/100 - Penny Experiment

4. Helen says:

Ooo, I would love to be in on this as well. Please send me the info. I’ll begin working on it as soon as #43 is in the mail on Wed.!

5. Iain Barnes says:

You might want to try making a video for http://www.kickstarter.com they will help promo your project…..5…..

6. Shannon says:

This is such a brilliant (and Fun) concept!
    Would love to launch a book here in Australia – let me know what I need to do……

7. I am so down to do this! I can start one tonight! here in Portland, Oregon baby!

8. admin says:

@Frankie,

Wonderful. Have emailed you further information.

Jeffrey Strain

9. Princessperky says:

Both my mother and I would like to do a book. (we live in different states) So does this count as an email to you?

10. Alice Herrick aka Nanamom says:

I want to do it.

11. admin says:

Have sent you both info. Thank you for wanting to participate.

Jeffrey Strain

12. Cara Riggles says:

Jeffrey, I contacted you about another aspect of the Penny Project. I’d be honored to launch a book too. Just let me know if you need me. Thanks!

13. Dyan Euler says:

just sent you a email with my info. This sounds like fun! and I am all for helping anyway I can in this tough time. THanks~

14. Stephanie says:

I really want to do this!

15. Cara Riggles says:

Book #22 is almost ready to launch! :o)

16. donnam13 says:

book #2 is done and almost ready to launch. will do that this week and make sure i take a pic before launching.

do u need more books done? can i do two? ;)

17. Cara Riggles says:

Book @22 has been launched! Blog post w/ pics coming soon! :o)

18. Nayma Glenn says:

I love the Penny for Your Thoughts book concept though and want to be a part!

19. Pingback: I’ve Been Keeping a Secret and It’s Time to Fess Up! :o) « The Friendly Frugalista

20. Meri says:

I’ve got one ready to go. What’s my number?

P.S. Librarything.com has a deal where members can give review copies away to build up hype (once these are scanned and published.)

P.P.S. Also, you may know this already, but maybe the pre-published books could be registered with Bookcrossing.com to chronicle their travels…? :)

21. Meri says:

I’ll send the pics when you reply (so I know when to update my site).

22. What a wonderful idea. My father and I used to work for miles looking for stray pennies. Now my 6 year old son does it too. I’d be delighted to launch a book from Germany. Please send me what I need to get started when you have time.

Energy and light,
    y*r
    mishe

23. admin says:

Mishe,

Have sent an email to you with all the information. Thank you so much for wanting to participate.

Jeffrey Strain